Snow tubing is great fun for the whole family, and, best of all, it has no learning curve. All you need to do is be able to hang onto the tube and then laugh or scream your way down the hill (whichever is your preference). So if you are looking for some wholesome outdoor winter fun check out any of the following for some great New England snow tubing:
Connecticut Snow Tubing
- Woodbury Ski Area in Woodbury, CT – 3 different Tubing Parks, 20 tubing runs, served by 4 lifts. Snow tubing rates are for 1 1/2 hours, 3 hours, or a full day.
Maine Snow Tubing
- Black Mountain Ski Resort in Rumford, ME – Tubing on Friday and Saturday nights, and Saturday and Sunday
- Camden Snow Bowl in Camden, ME – Tubing rates are per hour.
- Herman Mountain in Hermon, ME – tubing rates are for 3 hours.
- Seacoast Snow Park in Windham, ME – 12 lanes
- Sunday River in Newry, ME
- Sugarloaf in Carrabassett Valley, ME – For kids 12 and under
Massachusetts Snow Tubing
- Amesbury Sports Park in Amesbury, MA – Multiple lanes on three hills serviced by a conveyor belt lift. They also have a secondary handle tow that they use in peak times.
- Berkshire East Ski Area in Charlemont, MA – 3 450 foot tubing lanes serviced by a moving ground lift
- Bousquet Ski Area in Pittsfield, MA
- Butternut Ski Area in Great Barrington, MA – Seven tubing lanes serviced by a handle lift
- Nashoba Valley Ski Area in Westford, MA – 18 lanes serviced by four lifts
- Ski Ward in Shrewsbury, MA – eight lanes serviced by two lifts
New Hampshire Snow Tubing
- Cranmore Mountain Resort in North Conway, NH – 10 lanes serviced by both a magic-carpet style surface lift and a handle-tow lift
- Granite Gorge Ski Area in Keene/Roxbury, NH
- Great Glen Trails in in Gorham, NH – Traditional walk-up hill
- Gunstock Mountain Resort in Gilford, NH – Four lanes
- King Pine Ski Area in East Madison, NH
- Loon Mountain in Lincoln, NH
- McIntyre Ski Area in Manchester, NH
- Omni Mount Washington Resort in Bretton Woods, NH – A sculpted run on the grounds of the Omni Mount Washington Resort, open mid-December to mid-March, weather permitting.
- Pats Peak Ski Area in Henniker, NH
- Zoom Zone at Jackson XC in Jackson, NH
Vermont Snow Tubing
- Grafton Ponds Outdoor Center in Grafton, VT
- Magic Mountain Ski Area in Londonderry, VT
- Mount Snow in West Dover, VT – Tubing serviced by a covered surface lift
- Okemo Mountain Resort in Ludlow, VT
- Smugglers’ Notch Resort in Smugglers’ Notch, VT