Perhaps the most iconic image of summer is the beach – sand, surf, seagulls, suntan location, beach umbrellas – it just screams summer.
New England, with thousands of miles of coastline, is a beach worshipers dream, from the rocky beaches of Maine, to the beaches of Cape Cod and the Islands, and all along the southern New England coasts of Rhode Island and Connecticut numerous beaches dot the coastline for your swimming and sunbathing pleasure.
Many New England beaches are considered to be among the nicest in the United States. Beaches that get frequent recognition as being truly great beaches include:
- Coast Guard Beach on Cape Cod
- Herring Cove Beach in Provincetown, Massachusetts
- Ogunquit Beach in Ogunquit, Maine
- Race Point Beach in Provincetown, Massachusetts
- Ridgevale Beach in Chatham, Massachusetts
- Surfside Beach on the Island of Nantucket
Of course, “favorite beach” is very subjective, but suffice it to say that you can spend a lifetime of summers in New England and keep discovering new “favorite” beaches.
See here to learn more about New England beaches:
- Connecticut Beaches
- Maine Beaches
- Beaches of the Massachusetts coast including:
- New Hampshire Beaches
- Rhode Island Beaches including: