Connecticut comprises eight counties in which there are 21 cities, and 169 towns. The cities and towns in the southwestern portion of Connecticut are a short drive from New York City. Many of Connecticut’s cities and towns are popular travel destinations. Some of the more popular include:
- Bridgeport the most populous city in Connecticut.
- The very affluent Town of Greenwich, which also happens to be the southernmost and westernmost city or town in Connecticut.
- The state capital, Hartford.
- Historic Mystic with its’ very popular Mystic Seaport and the Mystic Aquarium.
- The home of Yale University, New Haven.
- North Stonington, home to the Foxwoods Casino, one of the largest casinos in the world.
- Uncasville, home to the Mohegan Sun Casino, which is also one of the largest casinos in the world. Uncasville is also home to the WNBA’s Connecticut Sun.
Listed below are the major cities and towns from a travel and tourism point of view:
- Bridgeport, Connecticut
- Greenwich, Connecticut
- Hartford, Connecticut
- Mystic, Connecticut
- New Haven, Connecticut
Hotels / Lodging in Connecticut
Use the search box below to find a hotel in Connecticut.