Boston’s Best Hotels
Boston is known to be home to many wonderful hotels. From large luxury hotels to smaller boutique hotels, Boston has lodging to suit everyone’s taste. Of course when making a list of top hotels one does split hairs a bit. But taking into account data from numerous sources, Travel New England’s has come up with the following list of the best hotels in Boston:
1. Boston Harbor Hotel, 70 Rowes Wharf, Boston, MA 02110
The Boston Harbor Hotel not only offers wonderful harbor views and luxury accommodations, but it is convenient to Boston’s waterfront, Faneuil Hall and Quincy Market, the New England Aquarium, the Boston Children’s Museum, and the TD Garden. It is also home to the Boston Wine Festival every January through March.
2. Four Seasons Hotel Boston, 200 Boylston Street, Boston, MA 02116
Luxury accommodations in Boston’s Back Bay overlooking Boston’s historic Public Garden with easy access city attractions and Boston’s Theatre District.
3. Hotel Commonwealth, 500 Commonwealth Avenue, Boston, MA 02215
Located in Boston’s Kenmore Square and only a short walk from Fenway Park the home of the Boston Red Sox, the Hotel Commonwealth actually has an outdoor terrace facing Fenway Park.
4. Mandarin Oriental Boston, 776 Boylston Street, Boston, MA 02199
Located in Boston’s Back Bay, the Mandarin Oriental is minutes from Copley Square, the Hynes Convention Center, and other city attractions. It also boasts the only Forbes Five-Star Spa in Massachusetts.
5. The Eliot Hotel, 370 Commonwealth Avenue Boston, MA 02215
The Eliot Hotel is a luxury boutique hotel in Boston’s Back Bay. It is convenient to all downtown attractions and home to the award-winning Clio Uni Sashimi Bar.
6. The Langham Boston, 250 Franklin Street Boston, MA 02110
The Langham is convenient to all downtown attractions and within a ten minute walk of South Boston.
7. XV Beacon Hotel, 15 Beacon Street Boston, MA 02108
A luxury boutique hotel located at the crest of Beacon Hill and convenient to all downtown attractions.
8. The Lenox Hotel, 61 Exeter Street, Boston, MA
Located in Copley Square in Boston’s Back Bay, the Lenox Hotel is convenient to Back Bay Amtrak Station and a short walk to Copley Square, the Hynes Convention Center, Newbury Street and the Prudential Tower.
9. The Ritz-Carlton Boston Common, 10 Avery Street, Boston, MA 02111
Luxury in mid-town Boston, the Ritz Carlton is convenient to the Boston Common, Boston Public Garden, Boston’s theatre district and other downtown attractions.
10. The Fairmont Copley Plaza, 138 St. James Avenue, Boston, MA 02116
Located in Boston’s Back Bay, the Fairmont Copley Plaza is close to the Boston Public Library, and only a few blocks away from Copley Place, the Hynes Convention Center, and shopping on Newbury Street.
11. The InterContinental Boston, 510 Atlantic Avenue, Boston, MA 02210
Located on Boston’s waterfront and adjacent to the financial district, the InterContinental Hotel Boston is located within easy walking distance of Faneuil Hall and Quincy Market, Boston’s Freedom Trail, and Boston’s Chinatown and Boston’s historically Italian North End neighborhood.
While the above may be the list of the best there are certainly many other wonderful hotels located in Boston including the following worthy of honorable mention:
- Battery Wharf Hotel, Three Battery Wharf, Boston, MA 02109 – Located on Boston’s North End waterfront
- Hilton Garden Inn Boston Logan Airport, 100 Boardman Street, Boston, MA, 02128 – As convenient to Boston’s Logan Airport as one can get
- Marriott’s Custom House, 3 McKinley Square, Boston, MA 02109 – Panoramic views of Boston Harbor and the waterfront
- Omni Parker House, 60 School Street, Boston, MA, 02108 – Historic hotel convenient to all Boston attractions
- Residence Inn Boston Back Bay/Fenway, 125 Brookline Avenue, Boston, MA 02215 – Extended stay hotel in Boston’s Back Bay/Fenway neighborhood
- Seaport Boston Hotel, 1 Seaport Lane, Boston, MA 02210 – Located on the Boston waterfront near the Seaport World Trade Center
- The Verb Hotel, 1271 Boylston Street, Boston, MA 02215 – Located in Boston’s Fenway neighborhood