The Boston Early Music Festival (BEMF) has announced their 2013/2014 Boston Concert Series. If you are a fan of early music and Baroque Opera you will want to make note of the concert dates for the upcoming season.
- October 18, 2013 at 8 PM at First Church in Cambridge: Boston-based chamber ensemble Sarasa presents a program of music by Italian composer Luigi Boccherini
- November 9, 2013 at 8 PM at St. Paul Church in Cambridge: The BEMF debut of Ensemble Plus Ultra. They will present works by Victoria, Morales, Ribera, and Guerrero
- December 1, 2013 at 3 PM at New England Conservatory’s Jordan Hall in Boston: This concert will present selections from the seven operas that have been featured in the BEMF Chamber Opera Series
- December 14, 2013 at 8 PM at St. Paul Church in Cambridge: The Tallis Scholars will present sacred works written to honor the Virgin Mary in a celebration of the holiday season
- February 1, 2014 at 8 PM at St. Paul Church in Cambridge: Sequentia in a program featuring vocal music of the High Middle Ages in Germany by composer Hildegard von Bingen, and others
- February 21, 2014 at 8 PM at Jordan Hall in Boston: Fortepianist Kristian Bezuidenhout in an evening of intimate keyboard music by Mozart
- March 7, 2014 at 8 PM at St. Paul Church in Cambridge: Stile Antico in a program featuring works by Byrd, Tallis, Gibbons, Taverner, White, Morley, and Weelkes
- April 18, 2014 at 8 PM at Jordan Hall in Boston: A program featuring the all-star instrumentalists and singers of the BEMF Chamber & Vocal Ensembles
Tickets and subscriptions can be obtained through the Boston Early Music Festival Box Office.