It looks like 2015 is shaping up to be one of the better years for air shows in quite a few for New England. Since the air show season gets started early in in mid-Spring, following are the air shows and air show related events and attractions to help you to plan ahead…
- May 16 & 17, 2015 – The Great New England Air Show: The Great New England Air Show returns this year to the Westover Air Reserve Base in Westover, MA. Some highlights of the show include: the Blue Angels, the Canadian Snowbirds Jet team, Canadian Forces CF 18 Demo Team and the Geico Skytypers.
- May 30 & 31, 2015 – Rhode Island National Guard Open House Air Show: The Rhode Island National Guard Open House Air Show will take up residence once again at the Quonset State Airport in North Kingstown, RI.
- June 13, 2015 – Plainville Wings and Wheels: The 4th annual fly-in and classic car show Plainville Wings and Wheels will take up residence at Robertson Airport in in Plainville, CT.
- Labor Day Weekend, 2015 – Great State of Maine Air Show: The Great State of Maine Air Show is planned for Labor Day weekend this year. Watch their web site for more details.
As always, fans of all things aeronautic can also get their aircraft fix by visiting:
- The New England Air Museum in Windsor Locks, CT
- The Collings Foundation’s Wings and Wheels Open House Event which will be held this year on June 20 and 21, 2015.
- The Wings of Freedom Tour which always makes its way into New England in the late summer / early fall.