Need some help getting into the spirit of fall? Well let Old Sturbridge Village (OSV) help you out. This Saturday evening (September 27, 2014), Old Sturbridge Village is hosting an evening harvest party and pottery firing. The festivities will include:
- A bonfire on the Common
- An old-fashioned barn dance
- The annual lighting of the Village’s 24-foot-high brick kiln
- Horse-drawn hayrides
- Live music including performances by the Old Sturbridge Village Dancers, Quintebrass, the Celtic band Full Gael, and Vic and Sticks
- Native American storytelling
- Paths illuminated by lanterns
- A blazing water fire display on the millpond
In addition, you will be able to see hearth cooking and watch the blacksmith, potter, and tinner at work. There will be food and beverage tents that will offer chili, clam chowder, hamburgers, hot dogs, beer, and other beverages.
What a great way to dive into the fall season! The festivities will run from 6:30 PM to 9:30 PM. Harvest Party tickets are $12 per person and $10 for OSV Members.
Make a fulll night of it with a stay at the Old Sturbridge Inn & Reeder Family Lodges.