Many thanks to Shannon Foglia who mentioned us in her article The Ultimate New England Summer Bucket List. It’s an excellent list of things to do this summer and very wisely mentions going to a drive-in theater with a link to our post New England Drive-In Theaters.
Some things that we might add to her list:
- Attend an agricultural fair – Shannon does mention fairs and festivals, but we would expand her list to include all of the wonderful agricultural, county and state fairs that happen in the summer into early fall
- Attend a music festival – Again expanding on Shannon’s “Go to an outdoor concert” suggestion, we call your attention to all of the wonderful annual music festivals that fill the summer with great tunes…
- Attend some summer theater – See New England Summer Theater
- Go to the beach – With great beaches from Maine to Connecticut, there is something for everyone…
- Visit an antique carousel – This might be interesting to pair with Shannon’s “Go on a unique date”. New England is home to the two oldest antique wooden carousels in the country and many other antique gems. See New England’s Antique Carousels and New England’s Antique Metal Carousels.
Thanks again Shannon. And have a great summer!