I know that Mother Nature has not been too cooperative with at least a couple of snow storms right at the official beginning of spring making it feel decidedly un-spring like. But if flower show season was not enough to convince you that spring is, in fact, here, then stop to think about this. Baseball returns to the region starting next week. You read correctly – next week.
Yes, the boys of summer are once again taking up bat and ball with the Portland Sea Dogs and the New Hampshire Fisher Cats getting things started on April 4, 2013. The Boston Red Sox are right behind them on April 8, 2013. So if the Vernal equinox was not enough to convince you that spring is here, baseball should certainly push you over the edge…
Dates of home openers for New England’s baseball teams are as follows:
- April 4, 2013 at 6:00 PM: Portland Sea Dogs (MiLB AA) against the Trenton Thunder.
- April 4, 2013 at 6:35 PM: New Hampshire Fisher Cats (MiLB AA) against the Reading Phillies.
- April 8, 2013 at 2:05 PM: Boston Red Sox (MLB) against the Baltimore Orioles.
- April 11, 2013 at 6:05 PM: New Britain Rock Cats (MiLB AA) against the Portland Sea Dogs.
- April 11, 2013 at 7:05 PM: Pawtucket Red Sox (MiLB AAA) against the Rochester Red Wings.
- April 26, 2013 at 7:05 PM: Bridgeport Bluefish (Independent) against the York Revolution.
- June 17, 2013 at 7:05 PM: Connecticut Tigers (MiLB A Short Season) against the Lowell Spinners.
- June 19, 2013 at 7:05 PM: Lowell Spinners (MiLB A Short Season) against the Connecticut Tigers.
- June 20, 2013 at 7:05 PM: Vermont Lake Monsters (MiLB A Short Season) against the Connecticut Tigers.
To learn more about all of New England’s sports teams see: