Many thanks to the Lakes Region Tourism Association for suggesting these great and different ways to take in fall foliage. We all probably think of the nice fall foliage drive, or a hike through woods in full color… How about trying a few of these ideas for a different perspective on the annual fall spectacular?
Take in A Fall Foliage Train Ride
There are many foliage train options including:
- The Conway Scenic Railroad
- The Hobo Railroad and the Winnipesaukee Railroad. Be sure th check out their foliage trains.
- The Mount Washington Cog Railway
- The White Mountain Central Railroad
For other scenic railroads in New England see: New England Scenic Railroads
From a Zip Line
Get a completely different perspective on fall foliage up in the trees on a zip line. Try out:
From a Boat
Combine two of New Hampshire’s most beautiful attractions – a lake and fall foliage – by taking a foliage cruise. Some cruise options include:
- The M/S Mount Washington or the Winnipesaukee Belle on Lake Winnipesaukee
- Squam Lakes Natural Science Center’s pontoon boat