One of the great things about New Englanders is that we do not just tolerate winter, we actually celebrate it! It is a wonderful and vibrant season like any other season that is full of great outdoor activities as well as wonderful indoor activities. Because of that, we New Englanders celebrate the season with its own carnivals and festivals.
This is the first post in a series highlighting New England’s winter carnivals and festivals. We start in the Green Mountain State, Vermont. January and February is the season to celebrate winter in Vermont. Following are the major winter carnivals and festivals in Vermont for January and February of 2013:
- January 19 through 27, 2013: 39th Annual Stowe Winter Carnival in Stowe VT
- January 27, 2013: Ice on Fire – Central Vermont Winter Festival in Montpelier, VT
- February 2, 2013: Burlington Winter Festival in Burlington, VT
- February 8 through 10, 2012: Winter Festival 2013! in Milton, VT
- February 15 through 24, 2013: 57th Annual Brattleboro Winter Carnival in Brattleboro, VT
- February 23 through 25, 2013: Middlebury College Winter Carnival in Middlebury, VT