In Hartford, CT the Harriet Beecher Stowe Center and the Mark Twain House and Museum are teaming up to present “Stowe’s & Twain’s Olde Fashioned Christmas” on the weekend of December 15 and 16, 2012. What exactly is a Stowe and Twain Olde Fashioned Christmas?
It is many things.
- Both houses will be decorated for Christmas with trees, garlands, and other decorations and holiday feasts laid out on tables.
- Historical interpreters will be providing tours explaining the holiday traditions of the Stowe and Twain families.
- Musical performances by the Hall High School Choraliers or the Ethel Walker School’s Grape at the Stowe Center.
- Holiday crafts at the Stowe Visitor Center.
- Sam Clemens’ daughters Susy, Clara and Jean portrayed by actors at the Twain House
- St. Nicholas surrounded by A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur’s Court life size puppets from the Ballard Museum of Puppetry at the University of Connecticut.
- Horse-drawn carriage rides.
Stowe’s & Twain’s Olde Fashioned Christmas will be held on Saturday, December 15, 2012 from 10 AM to 4 PM, and Sunday, December 16 from Noon to 4 PM. Special discount combination tickets are available for $20 for adults and $10 for children (5-15) and include guided tours of both houses.
For more information see:
- Stowe & Twain’s Olde Fashioned Christmas (Harriet Beecher Stowe Center)
- What’s New (Mark Twain House and Museum)