While it is not yet “officially” winter it is certainly getting colder, and at least in the Northern parts of New England some of the white stuff is starting to show up… We thought we would pull together a list of some of our favorite winter activities presented here in alphabetical order.
- Dog Sledding – Dog sledding can make for a unique and fun adventure.
- Ice Fishing – A lot of people sit in those little huts on frozen lakes and ponds so there must be something to it.
- Ice Skating Outdoors – Anybody can do it indoors. If you cannot find a frozen lake or pond there are many outdoor rinks for ice skating during the winter months.
- Off-Road Tours – While technically not outdoors since your are inside a vehicle, these tours from Alpine Adventures sound like a blast. During the winter they run tours Thursday through Sunday and during holiday weeks.
- Skiing – Whether it is downhill or cross country, skiing is a great winter outdoor activity.
- Skijoring – Think cross between cross country skiing and dog sledding. Not for the feint of heart but certainly unique.
- Sleigh Rides – Snuggled under a blanket across snow-covered trails. Romantic doesn’t come any better than this.
- Snowmobiling – A great and exhilarating way to get out into the countryside.
- Snowshoeing – How do you hike in the winter? With snow shoes on your feet of course…
- Snow Tubing – Not just for the kiddies and an absolute blast!
Of course you could always just snuggle up in front of a fire with that special someone and your favorite beverage…