The last full month of summer is upon us, but fret not. There are plenty of great things to do in August to make you forget that fall is within sight. For example, August is a big month for summer music festivals. There are no fewer than 10 major music festivals yet to come in New England for the month of August.
- Now through August 11, 2012; The Martha’s Vineyard Jazz Festival on the Island of Martha’s Vineyard
- Now through August 18, 2012: The Portland Chamber Music Festival in Portland, ME
- August 9 & 16, 2012: The Manchester Music Festival in Manchester, VT
- August 10 to 12, 2012: The Lichtfield Jazz Festival in Goshen, CT
- August 11, 2012: The Merrimack Valley Jazz Festival in Lowell, MA
- August 11, 2012: The Naukabout Music Festival in East Falmouth, MA on Cape Cod
- August 13th – 26th, 2012: The Central Vermont Chamber Music Festival in Randolph, VT
- August 17 & 18, 2012: The Peacham Acoustic Music Festival in Peacham, VT
- August 17 to 19, 2012: The White Mountain Boogie N’ Blues Festival in Thornton, NH
- August 24 to 26, 2012: The American Folk Festival on the waterfront in Bangor, ME
- August 31 to September 2, 2012: The Rhythm and Roots Festival in Charleston, RI
For a complete list of all summer music festivals, extending into early fall, see New England Summer Music Festivals and Major Summer Concert Series.