The oft’ maligned and overlooked food truck goes haute cuisine and now has its own festival, or in this case series of festivals. Yes, these rolling meals on wheels will be coming to a location near you and serving up far more than your average every day grub. At one of these festivals you will find everything from comfort foods to vegan dishes to fried clams and more.
Food Truck Festivals of New England will bring between 20 and 30 food trucks to locations in Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Rhode Island. Some of the participating food trucks include:
- Away Cafe
- Bite Into Maine
- Emack & Bolio’s Cosmic Cruiser
- Go Fish!
- Juniper Farms Ice Cream
- Kickass Cupcakes
- Lobsta Love
- Mei Mei Street Kitchen
- Mijos Tacos
- Redbones BBQ
- Rocket Fine Street Food
- Woodman’s of Essex
See here for a complete list of participating food trucks.
Watch for Food Truck Festivals in the these locations on the following dates:
- June 10, 2012 – The Boston Food Truck Festival at the UMass Boston Campus Center, Boston, MA
- June 16, 2012 – The Charlestown Food Truck Festival at Pier 4, Charlestown, MA
- June 30, 2012 – The New Hampshire Food Truck Festival at Rockingham Park, Salem, NH
- July 14, 2012 – The Worcester Food Truck Festival at Elm Park, Worcester, MA
- July 28, 2012 – The Charles River Food Truck Festival at the DCR’s Artesani Herter Park, Brighton, MA
- August 25, 2012 – The Cape Cod Food Truck Festival at the Barnstable Fairgrounds, Falmouth, MA
- September 8, 2012 – The Lowell Food Truck Festival at the Tsongas Center, Lowell, MA
- September 22, 2012 – The Suffolk Downs Food Truck Festival, East Boston, MA
- September 29, 2012 – The Shipyard Food Truck Festival, Hingham (Shipyard), MA
- October 6, 2012 – The Framingham Food Truck Festival at Shoppers World, Framingham, MA
- October 20 – The Newport Food Truck Festival at the Newport Yachting Center, Newport, RI
Tickets allow guests one sample from every truck. Good luck trying to eat all of that…
So mark your calendars and get ready for gourmet grilled cheese, BBQ, lobster mac ‘n cheese, cup cakes, ice cream and more!
Check out this video of some of last years festivals…