Are you ready to bring the haunted past of Newport, RI back to life? If you dare you may want to check out the two tours of Ghost Tours of Newport.
Ghost Tours of Newport offers two haunting guided tours:
- Olde Town Ghost Walk – This is a lantern-led tour of historic Newport learning about ghosts, and legends of Newport.
- Carved in Stone – This is a tour of Newport’s Common Burying Ground where the oldest grave dates to 1672. This is run in only in October.
The season for Ghost Tours of Newport runs from April through November. Tours are held in the evening and depart from the 2nd floor lobby of the Newport Marriott just outside of Fathoms Restaurant for the Olde Town Ghost Walk and from the Newport Visitors Center on 23 America’s Cup Avenue for the Carved in Stone tour. The tours are less than a mile in length and last about 90 minutes. Please note that the Carved in Stone Tour only runs on Saturdays in October.
So if your travels take you to Newport, RI any time soon, maybe you should take a walk on the haunted side of town – if you dare…
For other New England ghost tours see:
- Haunted Providence
- Dead of Night Ghost Tours, Plymouth, MA
- More Ghost Tours (and more) from New England Curiosities in Portsmouth, NH
- Queen City Ghostwalk, Burlington, Vermont