So by now we all know who the winners of the 116th Boston Marathon were – Sharon Cherop of Kenya for the women, Wesley Korir of Kenya for the men, Shirley S. Reilly of the USA for the women’s wheelchair and Joshua R. Cassidy of Canada in a world record time.
But how did New Englanders fair in the race? Well we looked it up and here is what we found:
- New England Women in the Open Race:
- Sheri L. Piers of Falmouth, Maine who finished 10th overall with a time of 2:41:55
- Hilary K. Dionne of Charlestown, MA who finished 15th overall with a time of 2:51:56
- New England Men in the Open Race:
- Scott Mindel of New London, CT who finished 19th overall with a time of 2:27:15
- David Bedoya of Somerville, MA who finished 21st over all with a time of 2:29:34
- New England Women in the Wheelchair Race:
- Tilly F. Hatcher of Cambridge, MA who finished 34th overall with a time of 2:52:54
- Carla A. Trodella of Newburyport, MA who finished 35th overall with a time of 3:31:20
- New England Men in the Wheelchair Race:
- No New England men finished the race in the men’s wheelchair race.
If you like running you may also want to check out New England Road Races.