The Lakes Region Tourism Association has kindly sent us some suggestions for things to do in the Lakes Region during April school vacation week:
- April 14-29, 2012: Our Place in Space at the McAuliffe-Shepard Discovery Center in Concord. Meet astronomical animal friends, learn the cause of day and night, and discover favorite constellations.
- April 17, 2012: Children’s Hearthside Luncheon at the Remick Country Doctor Museum & Farm in Tamworth. Learn to cook an entire meal over an open hearth, historic food preparation methods and enjoy the meal. For ages 6-18.
- April 19-21, 2012: Opening Weekend at the Farm at Moulton Farm in Meredith.
- April 21-22, 2012: Lakes Region Spring Craft Fair at the Opechee Conference Center in Laconia. More than 70 exhibitors will show their arts and crafts.
- April 23-27, 2012: WildQuest Spring Camp at the Prescott Farm Environmental Education Center in Laconia. Children will get to work on gardening projects, meet farm animals, hike, cook and more. For ages 6-12.
- April 25, 2012: School Vacation Event for Families at the Mount Kearsarge Indian Museum in Warner. Local children’s author Lisa Tremblay will read from her book “How the Coyote Created the Milky Way.”
- April 27, 2012: Lost and Found at the Squam Lakes Natural Science Center in Holderness. Develop map, compass and landscape observation skills, and navigate to a home base after getting “lost.”