Many thanks to the Massachusetts Office of Travel and Tourism for these ideas…
Following are some great ideas of things to do during 2012 April school vacation that we have not already mentioned in previous posts about April vacation. See further down for our other posts on April Vacation.
- Create Some Art – Projects in printmaking, clay, watercolor, and multi-media during April vacation at the South Shore Art Center in Cohasset
- Boston Marathon – A great way to get outdoors and into a festive spirit is to grab a spot along the 26.2 mile route of the Boston Marathon from Hopkinton to Boston to cheer on the runners.
- Fenway Park Tour – Fenway turns 100 this April vacation. What better thing to do then help them celebrate by taking a tour of the venerable ball park, the oldest major league ballpark in the United States.
- Garden in the Woods – The Garden in the Woods in Framingham is New England’s premier wildflower garden.
- Go to the Zoo – The Franklin Park Zoo in Boston, Southwick’s Zoo in Mendon, the Stone Zoo in Stoneham, and ZooQuarium in West Yarmouth are all open during April vacation.
- More Museums:
- Ride a Train – The Cape Cod Central Railroad offers the Hobo Express from State Pier in Fall River during April vacation week.
More Ideas for April Vacation
- 10 Great Things to do During 2012 April School Vacation
- Plenty to Do 2012 April Vacation Week
- For 2012 April Vacation – Take Me Out to the Ball Game