For 2013 Saint Patrick’s Day Events see: 2013 Saint Patrick’s Day Parades and Events in New England. You may also want to see Massachusetts Irish Pubs and Taverns.
On March 17 the whole world turns Irish for a day. Many thanks to the Massachusetts Office of Travel & Tourism (MOTT) for bringing to our attention all of these events and attractions that celebrate both the St. Patrick’s Day and Irish heritage and culture.
Irish Heritage and Culture
- Irish Dance Lessons – The Worcester Hibernian Cultural Center will offer free Irish dance lessons every Monday evening through March 5.
- Irish Heritage Trail – Explore Boston and its surrounding neighborhoods and experience nearly 300 years of Irish history on the Irish Heritage Trail
- Irish Film Festival – The 13th annual Irish Film Festival will take place at the Somerville Theater and Brattle Theater in Cambridge from March 22 to 25.
- Irish Famine Memorial – The Irish Famine Memorial was built by Boston’s Irish Community to commemorate the 150th anniversary of the Irish Famine. It is located on Boston’s Freedom Trail.
- Maritime & Irish Mossing Museum – The Maritime & Irish Mossing Museum in Scituate is set in the 1739 residence of Captain Benjamin James on the Driftway. It stands out on the South Shore as one of those true “gems” of local history.
- The Black Rose – The Black Rose is located in the historic Faneuil Hall area of Boston. This famous Irish pub is celebrating its 35th birthday this year. Experience the authentic decor, live music seven nights a week, and hearty traditional food and drink.
- The Burren – The Burren in Sommerville is named after a great rocky expanse in Ireland’s County Clare. The Burren has good drink, classic Irish dishes and live traditional Irish music.
- Cape Cod Claddagh Inn & Irish Pub – The Cape Cod Claddagh Inn is a Victorian Inn reminiscent of a small Irish manor. The pub is delightfully Irish, small and intimate, serving homemade meals and great drinks.
- Cape Cod Irish Village – At the Cape Cod Irish Village experience the spirit and charm of Ireland. The Village offers guest rooms, a restaurant, and an Irish Pub featuring traditional Irish entertainment.
Saint Patrick’s Day Parades
- Abington St. Patrick’s Day Parade – The Abington St. Patrick’s Day Parade will be held at 1:00 PM on March 18, 2012.
- Cape Cod St. Patrick’s Parade – The Cape Cod St. Patrick’s Parade will be held on Saturday, March 10, 2012.
- Holyoke St. Patrick’s Parade and Road Race – The Holyoke St. Patrick’s Day Road Race will be held on Saturday, March 17, 2012. The Holyoke St. Patrick’s Day Parade will be held the next day on Sunday, March 18, 2012.
- Scituate St. Patrick’s Day Parade – The Scituate St. Patrick’s Day Parade will take place on Sunday, March 18, 2012. The parade begins at 1 p.m. at Gates Middle School on Parrish Road and ends at Scituate Harbor.
- South Boston’s St. Patrick’s Day Parade – The South Boston’s St. Patrick’s Day Parade is the 2nd largest parade in the United States with more than 600,000 people attending. This year it will be held on March 18. The parade will go from West Broadway, looping through South Boston, ending at Dorchester Avenue.
- Worcester County St. Patrick’s Parade – The Worcester County St. Patrick’s Parade will take place on Sunday, March 11. It starts at Park Avenue in Worcester.