The Lakes Region Tourism Association reminds us that there is more to New Hampshire in the winter than winter sports. Following are some of the things coming up in February for those taking some time off from the slopes and other outdoor winter activities…
- February 3 to 5, 2012: 3rd Annual New England Pond Hockey Classic, Lake Winnipesaukee, Meredith – Check out this annual tradition of outdoor hockey as hundreds of teams gather over one weekend to play one of New Hampshire’s favorite sports on its largest lake. If you like pond hockey you may also want to check out the Stimilon Pond Hockey Challenge in Dover.
- February 11 to 12, 2012: Meredith Rotary Club Derby Weekend, Lake Winnipesaukee – More than $63,000 in prizes are up for grabs as visitors try to catch cusk, pickerel, white perch, yellow perch, rainbow trout, lake trout and black crappie. For more New England ice fishing derbies see New England Ice Fishing.
- February 18, 2012: “Voices from the Front: New Hampshire Soldiers in the Civil War” – At the New Hampshire Historical Society, in Concord. Get a taste of Granite State history as this exhibit opens
- February 18, 2012: Winter Fest – At the Prescott Farm Environmental Education Center in, Laconia. A bonfire, sleigh rides, sledding, snowshoeing, crafts and a snow-sculpture contest create the ultimate family event.
- February 18, 2012: Paula Poundstone – At the Flying Monkey Movie House & Performance Center in Plymouth. This critically acclaimed comedienne is ready to make audiences in the Granite State laugh once again.
- February 19, 2012: Super Snowflakes – At the Squam Lakes Natural Science Center in Holderness. Explore the world of snowflakes and create your own snowflake craft. Be ready for an outside adventure.