It’s winter. It’s not snowing so snowsports are not a big option. How about hitting a wine trail? Yes, I know that wine trails are something your probably associate with warm weather months – but why not when it’s cold?
That’s exactly what some wineries in Connecticut want you to do. The wineries of the Litchfield Hills in Connecticut are holding their second annual Winter Wine Trail promotion. Visit any of the six participating wineries between now and March 30. Pick up a card and get it signed at each winery you visit. Turn your card in by April 1 for a chance to win some great prizes:
- An overnight stay at the Sachem Farmhouse Bed & Breakfast
- Dinner and theater tickets to Infinity Hall & Bistro
- A limo-guided vineyard tour
- Lift tickets to Ski Sundown
Participating wineries include:
- DiGrazia Vineyard, 131 Tower Road, Brookfield. Phone: 203-775-1616. Hours: Saturday and Sunday from 11 AM to 5 PM.
- Haight-Brown Vineyard, 29 Chestnut Hill Road, Litchfield. Phone: 860-567-4045. Hours: Thursday and Friday from 11 AM to 5 PM, Saturday from 11 AM to 6 PM, and Sunday from 12 Noon to 5 PM.
- Hopkins Vineyard, 25 Hopkins Road, New Preston. Phone: 860-868-7954. Hours: January and February – Friday and Saturday 10 AM to 5 PM, Sunday from 11 AM to 5 PM; March: Wednesday through Saturday from 10 AM to 5:00 PM, Sunday from 11 AM to 5 PM.
- Jerram Winery, 535 Town Hill Road (Rt. 219,) New Hartford. Phone: 860-379-8749. Hours: Call the winery.
- Miranda Vineyard, 42 Ives Road, Goshen. Phone: 860-491-9906. Hours: Saturdays and Sundays 12 Noon to 5 PM.
- Sunset Meadow Vineyards, 599 Old Middle Street (Rt. 63). Phone: 860-201-4654. Hours: Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 11 AM to 5 PM.
So shake of the winter blues and take in some Connecticut vino…