Stockbridge, Massachusetts is a quaint New England town located in western Massachusetts in the Berkshires. It arguably has one of the most famous Main Streets in the United States thanks in no small part to the famous painting by Norman Rockwell – Stockbridge Main Street at Christmas.
Stockbridge is home to the famous Red Lion Inn which first began welcoming guests in 1773 making it one of the oldest continuously operating Inns in the country.
Stockbridge is a wonderful place from which to explore all that the Berkshires region has to offer. Many of the areas major attractions also happen to be in Stockbridge including:
- The Berkshire Botanical Garden
- The Berkshire Theatre Festival
- Chesterwood, the home and studio of the famous American sculptor Daniel Chester French
- The Mission House, a colonial-era house and museum and National Historic Landmark run by the Trustees of Reservations
- The National Shrine of Divine Mercy, a ministry of the Marian Fathers of the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- Naumkeag House & Gardens, a country estate of the Gilded Age with magnificent gardens, and panoramic views
- The Norman Rockwell Museum
- The trails of the Laurel Hill Association
Pictures of Stockbridge, MA
Thursday 06/29/2017 20%
Partly cloudy skies this morning will become overcast during the afternoon. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High 79F. Winds SSW at 10 to 20 mph.
Friday 06/30/2017 80%
Chance of a Thunderstorm
Cloudy in the morning, then thunderstorms developing later in the day. High around 85F. Winds SW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 80%.
Saturday 07/01/2017 80%
Scattered thunderstorms in the morning becoming more widespread in the afternoon. High around 85F. Winds SSW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 80%.
Sunday 07/02/2017 30%
Chance of Rain
A shower or two around the area in the morning, then partly cloudy in the afternoon. Thunder possible. High 82F. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30%.
Monday 07/03/2017 20%
Except for a few afternoon clouds, mainly sunny. High 81F. Winds WNW at 10 to 15 mph.