Stockbridge, Massachusetts is a quaint New England town located in western Massachusetts in the Berkshires. It arguably has one of the most famous Main Streets in the United States thanks in no small part to the famous painting by Norman Rockwell – Stockbridge Main Street at Christmas.
Stockbridge is home to the famous Red Lion Inn which first began welcoming guests in 1773 making it one of the oldest continuously operating Inns in the country.
Stockbridge is a wonderful place from which to explore all that the Berkshires region has to offer. Many of the areas major attractions also happen to be in Stockbridge including:
- The Berkshire Botanical Garden
- The Berkshire Theatre Festival
- Chesterwood, the home and studio of the famous American sculptor Daniel Chester French
- The Mission House, a colonial-era house and museum and National Historic Landmark run by the Trustees of Reservations
- The National Shrine of Divine Mercy, a ministry of the Marian Fathers of the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- Naumkeag House & Gardens, a country estate of the Gilded Age with magnificent gardens, and panoramic views
- The Norman Rockwell Museum
- The trails of the Laurel Hill Association
Pictures of Stockbridge, MA
Tuesday 10/25/2016 10%
Partly to mostly cloudy. High 42F. Winds WNW at 10 to 20 mph.
Wednesday 10/26/2016 10%
Except for a few afternoon clouds, mainly sunny. High 42F. Winds NW at 10 to 15 mph.
Thursday 10/27/2016 90%
Snow showers in the morning will give way to a mixture of rain and snow in the afternoon. High 38F. Winds ESE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precip 90%.
Friday 10/28/2016 60%
Chance of Rain
Rain showers early with overcast skies later in the day. High 41F. Winds NW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 60%.
Saturday 10/29/2016 80%
Cloudy with occasional rain in the afternoon. High 46F. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 80%.