Stockbridge, Massachusetts is a quaint New England town located in western Massachusetts in the Berkshires. It arguably has one of the most famous Main Streets in the United States thanks in no small part to the famous painting by Norman Rockwell – Stockbridge Main Street at Christmas.
Stockbridge is home to the famous Red Lion Inn which first began welcoming guests in 1773 making it one of the oldest continuously operating Inns in the country.
Stockbridge is a wonderful place from which to explore all that the Berkshires region has to offer. Many of the areas major attractions also happen to be in Stockbridge including:
- The Berkshire Botanical Garden
- The Berkshire Theatre Festival
- Chesterwood, the home and studio of the famous American sculptor Daniel Chester French
- The Mission House, a colonial-era house and museum and National Historic Landmark run by the Trustees of Reservations
- The National Shrine of Divine Mercy, a ministry of the Marian Fathers of the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- Naumkeag House & Gardens, a country estate of the Gilded Age with magnificent gardens, and panoramic views
- The Norman Rockwell Museum
- The trails of the Laurel Hill Association
Pictures of Stockbridge, MA
Monday 09/26/2016 90%
Rain developing late. Lows overnight in the mid 50s.
Tuesday 09/27/2016 20%
Cloudy skies early will become partly cloudy later in the day. High 71F. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph.
Wednesday 09/28/2016 40%
Chance of Rain
Considerable cloudiness. Occasional rain showers in the afternoon. High 66F. Winds ENE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 40%.
Thursday 09/29/2016 60%
Chance of Rain
Rain showers early with overcast skies later in the day. High 62F. Winds ENE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 60%.
Friday 09/30/2016 20%
Cloudy. High 62F. Winds E at 10 to 20 mph.