Stockbridge, Massachusetts is a quaint New England town located in western Massachusetts in the Berkshires. It arguably has one of the most famous Main Streets in the United States thanks in no small part to the famous painting by Norman Rockwell – Stockbridge Main Street at Christmas.
Stockbridge is home to the famous Red Lion Inn which first began welcoming guests in 1773 making it one of the oldest continuously operating Inns in the country.
Stockbridge is a wonderful place from which to explore all that the Berkshires region has to offer. Many of the areas major attractions also happen to be in Stockbridge including:
- The Berkshire Botanical Garden
- The Berkshire Theatre Festival
- Chesterwood, the home and studio of the famous American sculptor Daniel Chester French
- The Mission House, a colonial-era house and museum and National Historic Landmark run by the Trustees of Reservations
- The National Shrine of Divine Mercy, a ministry of the Marian Fathers of the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- Naumkeag House & Gardens, a country estate of the Gilded Age with magnificent gardens, and panoramic views
- The Norman Rockwell Museum
- The trails of the Laurel Hill Association
Pictures of Stockbridge, MA
Friday 12/09/2016 80%
Chance of Snow
Snow showers early. Lows overnight in the upper teens.
Saturday 12/10/2016 10%
Partly cloudy skies. High 28F. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph.
Sunday 12/11/2016 10%
Partly cloudy skies in the morning will give way to cloudy skies during the afternoon. High 31F. Winds light and variable.
Monday 12/12/2016 100%
Rain and snow in the morning. Overcast in the afternoon. High around 35F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precip 100%. 1 to 3 inches of snow expected.
Tuesday 12/13/2016 10%
Intervals of clouds and sunshine. High 34F. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph.