Stockbridge, Massachusetts is a quaint New England town located in western Massachusetts in the Berkshires. It arguably has one of the most famous Main Streets in the United States thanks in no small part to the famous painting by Norman Rockwell – Stockbridge Main Street at Christmas.
Stockbridge is home to the famous Red Lion Inn which first began welcoming guests in 1773 making it one of the oldest continuously operating Inns in the country.
Stockbridge is a wonderful place from which to explore all that the Berkshires region has to offer. Many of the areas major attractions also happen to be in Stockbridge including:
- The Berkshire Botanical Garden
- The Berkshire Theatre Festival
- Chesterwood, the home and studio of the famous American sculptor Daniel Chester French
- The Mission House, a colonial-era house and museum and National Historic Landmark run by the Trustees of Reservations
- The National Shrine of Divine Mercy, a ministry of the Marian Fathers of the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- Naumkeag House & Gardens, a country estate of the Gilded Age with magnificent gardens, and panoramic views
- The Norman Rockwell Museum
- The trails of the Laurel Hill Association
Pictures of Stockbridge, MA
Sunday 11/23/2014 100%
Cloudy, periods of rain. Lows overnight in the upper 30s.
Monday 11/24/2014 100%
Cloudy. Periods of rain early. High 62F. Winds S at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 100%. Rainfall near a quarter of an inch.
Tuesday 11/25/2014 0%
Partly cloudy skies. High 47F. Winds WSW at 10 to 20 mph.
Wednesday 11/26/2014 90%
Cloudy with snow showers early and steady snow likely later in the day. Temps nearly steady in the low to mid 30s. Winds NNE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 90%. Snow accumulating 3 to 5 inches.
Thursday 11/27/2014 70%
Snow showers before noon. Becoming partly cloudy later. High around 35F. Winds W at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 70%.