Stockbridge, Massachusetts is a quaint New England town located in western Massachusetts in the Berkshires. It arguably has one of the most famous Main Streets in the United States thanks in no small part to the famous painting by Norman Rockwell – Stockbridge Main Street at Christmas.
Stockbridge is home to the famous Red Lion Inn which first began welcoming guests in 1773 making it one of the oldest continuously operating Inns in the country.
Stockbridge is a wonderful place from which to explore all that the Berkshires region has to offer. Many of the areas major attractions also happen to be in Stockbridge including:
- The Berkshire Botanical Garden
- The Berkshire Theatre Festival
- Chesterwood, the home and studio of the famous American sculptor Daniel Chester French
- The Mission House, a colonial-era house and museum and National Historic Landmark run by the Trustees of Reservations
- The National Shrine of Divine Mercy, a ministry of the Marian Fathers of the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- Naumkeag House & Gardens, a country estate of the Gilded Age with magnificent gardens, and panoramic views
- The Norman Rockwell Museum
- The trails of the Laurel Hill Association
Pictures of Stockbridge, MA
Wednesday 02/10/2016 60%
Variably cloudy with snow showers. High 36F. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 60%. Snow accumulations less than one inch.
Thursday 02/11/2016 40%
Cloudy skies with afternoon snow showers. High around 20F. Winds WNW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 40%.
Friday 02/12/2016 10%
Partly cloudy skies during the morning hours will become overcast in the afternoon. High 26F. Winds WSW at 10 to 15 mph.
Saturday 02/13/2016 20%
Cloudy skies early, then partly cloudy in the afternoon. Morning high of 8F with temps falling to near -5. Winds NW at 15 to 25 mph.
Sunday 02/14/2016 0%
Sunny skies. High near 10F. Winds NW at 10 to 20 mph.