Stockbridge, Massachusetts is a quaint New England town located in western Massachusetts in the Berkshires. It arguably has one of the most famous Main Streets in the United States thanks in no small part to the famous painting by Norman Rockwell – Stockbridge Main Street at Christmas.
Stockbridge is home to the famous Red Lion Inn which first began welcoming guests in 1773 making it one of the oldest continuously operating Inns in the country.
Stockbridge is a wonderful place from which to explore all that the Berkshires region has to offer. Many of the areas major attractions also happen to be in Stockbridge including:
- The Berkshire Botanical Garden
- The Berkshire Theatre Festival
- Chesterwood, the home and studio of the famous American sculptor Daniel Chester French
- The Mission House, a colonial-era house and museum and National Historic Landmark run by the Trustees of Reservations
- The National Shrine of Divine Mercy, a ministry of the Marian Fathers of the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- Naumkeag House & Gardens, a country estate of the Gilded Age with magnificent gardens, and panoramic views
- The Norman Rockwell Museum
- The trails of the Laurel Hill Association
Pictures of Stockbridge, MA
Sunday 01/25/2015 0%
Mostly cloudy. Lows overnight in the mid single digits.
Monday 01/26/2015 50%
Cloudy skies with afternoon snow showers. High 22F. Winds ENE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 50%. Snow accumulations less than one inch.
Tuesday 01/27/2015 100%
Snow during the morning will taper off to light snow during the afternoon along with gusty winds. Significant blowing and drifting snow. High 17F. Winds NNW at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of snow 100%. 5 to 8 inches of snow expected.
Wednesday 01/28/2015 10%
Sun and a few passing clouds. High near 20F. Winds NW at 10 to 20 mph.
Thursday 01/29/2015 30%
A mix of clouds and sun in the morning giving way to a few snow showers during the afternoon. High 29F. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 30%.