Stockbridge, Massachusetts is a quaint New England town located in western Massachusetts in the Berkshires. It arguably has one of the most famous Main Streets in the United States thanks in no small part to the famous painting by Norman Rockwell – Stockbridge Main Street at Christmas.
Stockbridge is home to the famous Red Lion Inn which first began welcoming guests in 1773 making it one of the oldest continuously operating Inns in the country.
Stockbridge is a wonderful place from which to explore all that the Berkshires region has to offer. Many of the areas major attractions also happen to be in Stockbridge including:
- The Berkshire Botanical Garden
- The Berkshire Theatre Festival
- Chesterwood, the home and studio of the famous American sculptor Daniel Chester French
- The Mission House, a colonial-era house and museum and National Historic Landmark run by the Trustees of Reservations
- The National Shrine of Divine Mercy, a ministry of the Marian Fathers of the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- Naumkeag House & Gardens, a country estate of the Gilded Age with magnificent gardens, and panoramic views
- The Norman Rockwell Museum
- The trails of the Laurel Hill Association
Pictures of Stockbridge, MA
Saturday 11/01/2014 60%
Chance of Rain
Considerable cloudiness. Occasional rain showers this afternoon. High 44F. Winds N at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 60%.
Sunday 11/02/2014 0%
Windy. Cloudy skies will become partly cloudy in the afternoon. High 39F. Winds NNW at 20 to 30 mph.
Monday 11/03/2014 0%
Mainly sunny. High around 45F. Winds WNW at 10 to 20 mph.
Tuesday 11/04/2014 0%
Intervals of clouds and sunshine. High around 55F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph.
Wednesday 11/05/2014 40%
Chance of Rain
Rain showers early with some sunshine later in the day. High 54F. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%.