Stockbridge, Massachusetts is a quaint New England town located in western Massachusetts in the Berkshires. It arguably has one of the most famous Main Streets in the United States thanks in no small part to the famous painting by Norman Rockwell – Stockbridge Main Street at Christmas.
Stockbridge is home to the famous Red Lion Inn which first began welcoming guests in 1773 making it one of the oldest continuously operating Inns in the country.
Stockbridge is a wonderful place from which to explore all that the Berkshires region has to offer. Many of the areas major attractions also happen to be in Stockbridge including:
- The Berkshire Botanical Garden
- The Berkshire Theatre Festival
- Chesterwood, the home and studio of the famous American sculptor Daniel Chester French
- The Mission House, a colonial-era house and museum and National Historic Landmark run by the Trustees of Reservations
- The National Shrine of Divine Mercy, a ministry of the Marian Fathers of the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- Naumkeag House & Gardens, a country estate of the Gilded Age with magnificent gardens, and panoramic views
- The Norman Rockwell Museum
- The trails of the Laurel Hill Association
Pictures of Stockbridge, MA
Monday 06/29/2015 20%
Sun and clouds mixed. Slight chance of a rain shower. High around 70F. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph.
Tuesday 06/30/2015 20%
Intervals of clouds and sunshine. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High near 80F. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph.
Wednesday 07/01/2015 90%
Thunderstorms. A few storms may be severe. High 76F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 90%.
Thursday 07/02/2015 50%
Chance of a Thunderstorm
Partly cloudy in the morning followed by scattered thunderstorms in the afternoon. High 78F. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 50%.
Friday 07/03/2015 40%
Chance of Rain
Partly cloudy in the morning. Increasing clouds with periods of showers later in the day. High 78F. Winds E at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%.