Stockbridge, Massachusetts is a quaint New England town located in western Massachusetts in the Berkshires. It arguably has one of the most famous Main Streets in the United States thanks in no small part to the famous painting by Norman Rockwell – Stockbridge Main Street at Christmas.
Stockbridge is home to the famous Red Lion Inn which first began welcoming guests in 1773 making it one of the oldest continuously operating Inns in the country.
Stockbridge is a wonderful place from which to explore all that the Berkshires region has to offer. Many of the areas major attractions also happen to be in Stockbridge including:
- The Berkshire Botanical Garden
- The Berkshire Theatre Festival
- Chesterwood, the home and studio of the famous American sculptor Daniel Chester French
- The Mission House, a colonial-era house and museum and National Historic Landmark run by the Trustees of Reservations
- The National Shrine of Divine Mercy, a ministry of the Marian Fathers of the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- Naumkeag House & Gardens, a country estate of the Gilded Age with magnificent gardens, and panoramic views
- The Norman Rockwell Museum
- The trails of the Laurel Hill Association
Pictures of Stockbridge, MA
Sunday 03/29/2015 0%
Abundant sunshine. High 39F. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph.
Monday 03/30/2015 50%
Snow showers early will transition to a few showers later. High near 45F. Winds SW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 50%.
Tuesday 03/31/2015 20%
Cloudy. A few flurries or snow showers possible. High 42F. Winds WNW at 10 to 15 mph.
Wednesday 04/01/2015 10%
Partly cloudy skies. High 43F. Winds NW at 10 to 15 mph.
Thursday 04/02/2015 10%
Intervals of clouds and sunshine. High 57F. Winds SSW at 10 to 20 mph.