Stockbridge, Massachusetts is a quaint New England town located in western Massachusetts in the Berkshires. It arguably has one of the most famous Main Streets in the United States thanks in no small part to the famous painting by Norman Rockwell – Stockbridge Main Street at Christmas.
Stockbridge is home to the famous Red Lion Inn which first began welcoming guests in 1773 making it one of the oldest continuously operating Inns in the country.
Stockbridge is a wonderful place from which to explore all that the Berkshires region has to offer. Many of the areas major attractions also happen to be in Stockbridge including:
- The Berkshire Botanical Garden
- The Berkshire Theatre Festival
- Chesterwood, the home and studio of the famous American sculptor Daniel Chester French
- The Mission House, a colonial-era house and museum and National Historic Landmark run by the Trustees of Reservations
- The National Shrine of Divine Mercy, a ministry of the Marian Fathers of the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- Naumkeag House & Gardens, a country estate of the Gilded Age with magnificent gardens, and panoramic views
- The Norman Rockwell Museum
- The trails of the Laurel Hill Association
Pictures of Stockbridge, MA
Saturday 04/30/2016 0%
Mostly cloudy. Lows overnight in the low 40s.
Sunday 05/01/2016 100%
Showers early, becoming a steady rain later in the day. High 48F. Winds SE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 100%. Rainfall around a quarter of an inch.
Monday 05/02/2016 80%
Periods of rain. High 58F. Winds SE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 80%. Rainfall near a quarter of an inch.
Tuesday 05/03/2016 20%
Cloudy early with partial sunshine expected late. High 62F. Winds NNW at 5 to 10 mph.
Wednesday 05/04/2016 40%
Chance of Rain
Showers early becoming less numerous later in the day. High 64F. Winds SE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 40%.