Stockbridge, Massachusetts is a quaint New England town located in western Massachusetts in the Berkshires. It arguably has one of the most famous Main Streets in the United States thanks in no small part to the famous painting by Norman Rockwell – Stockbridge Main Street at Christmas.
Stockbridge is home to the famous Red Lion Inn which first began welcoming guests in 1773 making it one of the oldest continuously operating Inns in the country.
Stockbridge is a wonderful place from which to explore all that the Berkshires region has to offer. Many of the areas major attractions also happen to be in Stockbridge including:
- The Berkshire Botanical Garden
- The Berkshire Theatre Festival
- Chesterwood, the home and studio of the famous American sculptor Daniel Chester French
- The Mission House, a colonial-era house and museum and National Historic Landmark run by the Trustees of Reservations
- The National Shrine of Divine Mercy, a ministry of the Marian Fathers of the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- Naumkeag House & Gardens, a country estate of the Gilded Age with magnificent gardens, and panoramic views
- The Norman Rockwell Museum
- The trails of the Laurel Hill Association
Pictures of Stockbridge, MA
Thursday 11/27/2014 30%
Cloudy skies with a few snow showers later in the day. High 33F. Winds NNW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 30%.
Friday 11/28/2014 20%
Sunshine and clouds mixed. High 29F. Winds NW at 10 to 15 mph.
Saturday 11/29/2014 10%
Partly cloudy skies. High 33F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph.
Sunday 11/30/2014 10%
Cloudy skies early, followed by partial clearing. High 39F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph.
Monday 12/01/2014 40%
Rain and snow showers mixed in the afternoon. High near 45F. Winds W at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 40%.