Stockbridge, Massachusetts is a quaint New England town located in western Massachusetts in the Berkshires. It arguably has one of the most famous Main Streets in the United States thanks in no small part to the famous painting by Norman Rockwell – Stockbridge Main Street at Christmas.
Stockbridge is home to the famous Red Lion Inn which first began welcoming guests in 1773 making it one of the oldest continuously operating Inns in the country.
Stockbridge is a wonderful place from which to explore all that the Berkshires region has to offer. Many of the areas major attractions also happen to be in Stockbridge including:
- The Berkshire Botanical Garden
- The Berkshire Theatre Festival
- Chesterwood, the home and studio of the famous American sculptor Daniel Chester French
- The Mission House, a colonial-era house and museum and National Historic Landmark run by the Trustees of Reservations
- The National Shrine of Divine Mercy, a ministry of the Marian Fathers of the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- Naumkeag House & Gardens, a country estate of the Gilded Age with magnificent gardens, and panoramic views
- The Norman Rockwell Museum
- The trails of the Laurel Hill Association
Pictures of Stockbridge, MA
Monday 10/23/2017 0%
Cloudy skies. High 68F. Winds SSE at 10 to 15 mph.
Tuesday 10/24/2017 90%
Showers and thunderstorms. A few storms may be severe. High 69F. Winds SSE at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 90%.
Wednesday 10/25/2017 40%
Chance of Rain
Showers in the morning, then partly cloudy in the afternoon. High 62F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%.
Thursday 10/26/2017 20%
Intervals of clouds and sunshine. Slight chance of a rain shower. High 56F. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph.
Friday 10/27/2017 10%
Sunny skies. High 61F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph.