The group started as the Berkshire Theatre Festival with their first season in 1928. Their crown jewel performing venue is the 780 seat Colonial Theater in Pittsfield. The Colonial opened its doors in 1903 and is a magnificent example of a gilded age, turn-of-the-century theater – one of the few surviving theaters designed by the noted architects J. B. McElfatrick and Sons. It has been designated a National Historic Treasure.
The Berkshire Theatre Group presents plays and other events in five theaters in Berkshire County:
- Colonial Theatre (780 seats): 111 South Street, Pittsfield, MA; Phone: 413-997-4444.
- Main Stage (408 seats): 6 East Street, Stockbridge, MA; Phone: 413-298-5576.
- Unicorn Theatre (122 seats): 6 East Street, Stockbridge, MA; Phone: 413-298-5576.
- The Mount (outdoors): 2 Plunkett Street, Lenox, MA; Phone: 413-551-5111.
- The Garage: 111 South Street, Pittsfield, MA; Phone: 413-997-4444.
Berkshire Theatre Group events run from mid-June through mid-November.
Address / Contact Information
The Colonial Theatre
111 South Street
Pittsfield, MA 01201
Administrative Phone: 413-448-8084
Ticket Office: 413-997-4444
Berkshire Theatre Festival
6 East Street
Stockbridge, MA 01262
Administrative Phone: 413-298-5576
Ticket Office: 413-298-5576 ext 33