The Minuteman National Historic Park is located 22 miles northwest of Boston. It preserves numerous sites from the first battle of the American Revolution in the towns of Concord, Lexington, and Lincoln. The Minuteman National Historic Park allows you to experience the events that led up to the battles between the Minutemen and British Regulars on April 19, 1775 that started the American Revolution.
Key sites in the National Historic Park include:
- Minuteman Visitors Center, Lincoln, MA where you can see the multi-media theater presentation “The Road To Revolution” explaining Paul Revere’s Ride the battle at Lexington Green, the battle at the North Bridge and along Battle Road.
- Battle Road Trail – A five mile trail that connects the eastern end of the park with Meriam’s Corner to the west in Concord. Two key sites along the way include the Paul Revere capture site and the Hartwell Tavern.
- Hartwell Tavern in Lincoln – An authentic period home.
- The Wayside: Home of Authors – Alternately home to or connected with Samuel Whitney, Louisa May Alcott, Nathaniel Hawthorne, and Harriett Lothrop, who wrote as “Margaret Sidney”.
- North Bridge, Concord, MA – Site of the “shot heard round the world” and home to Daniel Chester French’s famous Minute Man statue. There is a 20 minute ranger program at the bridge explaining the events of April 19, 1775.
- North Bridge Visitors Center, Concord, MA where one can see a short video about the North Bridge fight as well as exhibits and a bookstore.
Hours of Operation
The ground of the park are open from sunrise to sunset. Key sites in the park are open as follows:
North Bridge Visitor Center, Concord, MA
- Winter Hours (late November through early March): 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM
- Regular Hours (mid-March through late November): 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Minuteman Visitor Center, Lincoln, MA
- Mid-March through the end of October: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- November: 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- Closed for the winter
- Mid-April through late-May: Open Saturday and Sunday from 9:30 AM to 5:30 PM
- Late May through October: Open daily from 9:30 AM to 5:30 PM
- Late-May through October: Open by guided tour only
Address / Contact information
North Bridge Visitor Center
174 Liberty Street
Concord MA. 10742
Minuteman Visitor Center
250 North Great Road