The Mount Desert Oceanarium is home to the Maine Lobster Museum, a lobster hatchery, a salt pond where you may take the Marsh Walk, and a picnic area. They also have a gift shop.
The Oceanarium is a wonderful place to take kids and features touch tanks and other hands-on exhibits which will also delight adults. It is considered to be a fabulous teaching aquarium.
Hours of Operation
The Mount Desert Oceanarium is open Monday through Saturday from 9 Am to 5 PM from mid-May through late October.
Address / Contact Information
Mount Desert Oceanarium
1351 State Route 3
Bar Harbor, ME 04609
Other Bar Harbor Museums
- Abbe Museum – Bar Harbor, Maine
- Bar Harbor Whale Museum – Bar Harbor, Maine
- George B. Dorr Museum of Natural History – Bar Harbor, Maine
- Mount Desert Oceanarium – Bar Harbor, Maine
- Wendell Gilley Museum – Southwest Harbor, Maine