The Vineyard Sound is an all-male, a cappella, vocal group. They were founded in 1992 by students from Connecticut College, Skidmore College and Wesleyan University. Today they are comprised of students from the founding schools as well as students from other universities across the United States.
The group has become a summer fixture on the Island of Martha’s Vineyard where they perform every summer from mid-June into August.
Performances are lively, fun, and often funny and are great for the whole family.
The Vineyard Sound performs a regular weekly schedule as follows:
- Mondays: United Methodist Church, Oak Bluffs at 8 PM
- Tuesdays: Chilmark Community Church, Chilmark at 8 PM
- Thursdays: Federated Church, Edgartown at 8 PM
- Fridays: St. Andrews Church, Edgartown at 7 PM and 9 PM
In addition, they typically perform a show at the Tabernacle in Oak Bluffs in July as well as a show at the Old Whaling Church in Edgartown in August. They can also often be seen singing on street corners and in the annual 4th of July parade in Edgartown. See here for their performance schedule.
See more videos on their YouTube Channel
Other Martha’s Vineyard Arts and Culture Attractions
- Featherstone Center for the Arts – Oak Bluffs, Massachusetts
- Martha’s Vineyard Chamber Music Society, Martha’s Vineyard, Massachusetts
- Vineyard Artisans Festivals – West Tisbury, Massachusetts
- Vineyard Haven Band – Vineyard Haven, Massachusetts
- Vineyard Playhouse – Vineyard Haven, Massachusetts
- Vineyard Sound, Martha’s Vineyard, Massachusetts