There are numerous beaches along the coast from Maine from the southernmost portion of the state all the way up to Sand Beach in Acadia National Park in Bar Harbor. Beaches range from wonderful white sand beaches to pebble and rocky beaches. Be forewarned that the water tends to be on the chilly side, but can still be very refreshing on a hot summer day.
Beaches of Bar Harbor, ME
- Sand Beach, Park Loop Road, Acadia National Park: Changing rooms and restrooms. Lifeguards in season. Water rarely above 55 degrees Fahrenheit.
Beaches of Biddeford, ME
- Biddeford Pool Beach, Route 208/Beach Avenue: bathhouses, lifeguards, picnic benches. Parking sticker required.
- Fortunes Rocks Beach, Fortunes Rocks Road: lifeguards, no facilities, limited parking.
- Hills Beach, Hills Beach Road: no lifeguard, no facilities, limited parking.
Beaches of Bristol, ME
- Pemaquid Beach Park, Snowball Hill Road: Changing rooms, hot showers, rental shop, snack bar.
Beaches of Cape Elizabeth, ME
- Crescent Beach State Park, Two Lights Road: Bathhouses, changing rooms, picnic area, restrooms, and snack bar.
Beaches of Georgetown, ME
- Reid State Park, Sequinland Road: Bathhouses, showers, snack bar, picnic tables.
Beaches of Kennebunk/Kennebunkport
- Arundel Beach / Colony Beach, Ocean Avenue: No lifeguard and limited parking.
- Mother’s Beach, Beach Avenue: Lifeguards, playground, no facilities.Short sandy section of perfect sand beach which is well protected. Playground. Parking sticker required.
- Gooch’s Beach, Beach Avenue: Lifeguards, portable restrooms. Parking sticker required.
- Goose Rocks Beach, King’s Highway: Three mile long stretch of beach, no lifeguard, no facilities. Parking sticker required.
- Kennebunk/Kennebunkport Beach, Beach Avenue: No lifeguards, bathroom facilities. Parking sticker required.
Beaches of Lamoine, ME
- Lamoine Beach
Beaches of Lincolnville, ME
- Lincolnville Beach, Route 1: No facilities. Small parking area. Shops and restaurants across the road.
Beaches of Machiasport, ME
- Gray’s Beach, Route 92
- Jasper Beach, Route 92:
Beaches of Old Orchard Beach, ME
- Old Orchard Beach, Beach Street: Considered by most to be Maine’s number one beach. 7 mile stretch of beach. Along the strip there are arcades, amusement rides, food stands, restaurants, restrooms, and more. The beach has lifeguards.
Beaches of Ogunquit, ME
- Footbridge Beach, Route 1A: Lifeguards in season, restrooms, snack bar.
- Moody Beach, Bourne Avenue.
- Ogunquit Beach, Route 1A: Lifeguards in season, snack bar, restrooms, very pretty beach.
Beaches of Owls Head, ME
- Birch Point Beach / Lucia Beach, Lucia Beach Road: Part of Birch Point Beach State Park. Picnic tables ant outhouses. No lifeguards.
Beaches of Phippsburg, ME
- Head Beach, Small Point Road: Part of Head Beach Campground and Cottages. Restrooms.
- Hunnewell Beach, Perkins Farm Lane: Adjacent to Popham Beach State Park.
- Popham Beach State Park, Perkins Farm Lane: Bathhouses, showers, picnic area. Lifeguards in season.
Beaches of Portland, ME
- East End Beach, Eastern Promenade: Portland’s only public beach. Nearby benches, picnic areas, public restrooms, and changing areas.
Beaches of Roque Bluffs, ME
- Roque Bluffs State Park Beach, Schoppee Point Road: Pebble beach. Also a freshwater beach at Simpson Pond. Picnic areas, restrooms, and a playground
Beaches of Saco, ME
- Bayview Beach, Route 9: No lifeguards or facilities.
- Camp Ellis Beach, Camp Ellis Avenue: Long breakwater. Beach nearly eroded.
- Ferry Beach State Park, 85 Bayview Road: Between Old Orchard Beach and Camp Ellis. Changing rooms, restrooms, hiking trails, and food nearby.
Beaches of Scarborough, ME
- Ferry Beach / Western Beach, Ferry Road: Restrooms, showers, and a snack cart.
- Higgins Beach, Bayview Avenue: No facilities.
- Pine Point Beach, Avenue 5: Concession stand, restrooms, and showers. Popular for surfing.
- Scarborough Beach State Park, Blackpoint Road: Concession stand, lifeguards, showers, and restrooms.
Beaches of South Portland, ME
- Willard Beach, Beach Street: Bathhouse, restrooms, snack bar, and showers.
Beaches of Wells, ME
- Crescent Beach, Off Route 1: Lifeguards in season.
- Drakes Island Beach, Island Beach Road:, Lifeguards in season, restrooms, limited parking.
- Wells Beach, Atlantic Avenue: Lifeguards in season, restrooms, sticker parking.
Beaches of York Beach, ME
- Cape Neddick Beach / Passaconaway Beach, US Route 1A: No facilities and limited parking.
- Harbor Beach, York Street: Lifeguards in season, portable restrooms.
- Long Sands Beach, Route 1A: Lifeguards in season, bathhouse, surfing area.
- Short Sands Beach, Route 1A: Lifeguards in season, changing area, restrooms, showers.