The coast south of Boston is dotted with numerous beaches. These range from small beaches that only allow resident parking to large beaches such as the Horseneck Beach State Reservation. Following is a list of the beaches that can be found on the coast seashore south of Boston:
The Beaches of Bourne
- Electric Avenue Beach – Electric Avenue. Lifeguards and playground. Parking is residents only.
- Monument Beach – Off Shore Road and Emmons Road. Lifeguards in season, restrooms, shower facilities, snack bar, and volleyball net.
- Scusset Beach – Off Route 3. Lifeguards in season, restrooms, showers, and snack bar. Ample parking.
The Beaches of Duxbury
- Duxbury Beach – Gurnet Road. Lifeguards in season.
The Beaches of Hingham, MA
- Hingham Bathing Beach – Off Route 3. Lifeguards in season. Picnic area, restrooms, nearby restaurants.
The Beaches of Hull
- Nantasket Beach – Nantasket Avenue. Lifeguards in season.
The Beaches of Kingston, MA
- Gray’s Beach Park – Off Route 3A. Lifeguards in season. Resident parking.
The Beaches of Marshfield
- Brant Rock – Lifeguards, and Restrooms.
- Fieldston Beach – Lifeguards in season.
- Green Harbor – Avon Street. Lifeguards in season. Porta Potties.
- Humarock Beach – Ferry Street. Resident parking.
- Rexhame Beach – Standish Street. Lifeguards in season, restrooms, and snack Bar.
- Rock Beach – Ocean Street. Lifeguards in season.
The Beaches of Plymouth
- Nelson Beach – Off route 3A. No lifeguard. Children’s play area.
- Plymouth Long Beach – Off route 3A. Snack bar, restrooms, fee for parking.
- Stephens Field Beach – Off Sandwich Street.
- White Horse Beach – Rocky Hill Road. Lifeguard but no facilities.
The Beaches of Quincy
- Avalon Beach – Avalon Road. Benches and picnic tables. Limited on-street parking.
- Baker Beach – Palmer Street. Picnic area and playground.
- Fire Station Beach – On the Fore River and Rock Island Cove.
- Mound Street Beach – Mound Street. Benches, picnic tables, soccer fields, and playgrounds.
- Wollaston Beach – Quincy Shore Drive. Bathhouse and restrooms, bicycling/running trail, play area, and picnic tables.
The Beaches of Scituate
- Egypt Beach – Egypt Beach Road. Resident parking.
- Glades Beach – Egypt Beach Road. Resident parking.
- Minot Beach – Glades Road. Resident parking.
- Peggotty Beach – Town Way Extension. Resident parking.
- Sand Hills Beach – Oceanside Drive.
The Beaches of Wareham
- Onset Beach – Onset Ave. Lifeguards in season. Food and Restrooms.
The Beaches of Westport
- Horseneck Beach State Reservation – John Reed Rd (Rt. 88). Nearly 600 acres of barrier beach. Boat ramp, camping, picnicking, restrooms, showers and more.