Many people sing the praises of Block Island Beaches and consider them to be among the best in New England. With beaches all around Block Island is is hard not to find a great place to have fun in the sun and surf.
East Side Beaches
- Ballard’s Beach – Ballard’s Beach is located behind Ballard’s Restaurant. The beach has drinks served by the restaurant staff as well as organized games.
- Crescent Beach – On block Island’s eastern shore, Crescent Beach starts in town where at the ferry docks and stretches north. It is accessible from Water Street.
- Fred Benson Town Beach – Fred Benson Town Beach is a very popular family beach. It is north of Crescent Beach. The beach has lifeguards, bathroom and shower facilities, kayak rentals, and a food concessions stand. The beach is within walking distance of Old Harbor. This is the most popular beach on Block Island.
- Mansion Beach – Mansion Beach is north of Scotch Beach. It is a popular beach for families. There are no facilities.
- Scotch Beach – Scotch Beach is further north from Fred Benson Town Beach. The beach is good for body surfing. There are no facilities.
South Side Beaches
- Ballard’s Beach – Ballard’s Beach is south of the Block Island Ferry located behind Ballard’s Restaurant. The beach has drinks served by the restaurant staff as well as organized games.
- Black Rock Beach – Black Rock Beach is a popular beach for surfing and nude sun bathing. There are strong currents and rip tides. The beach is down Snake Hole Road and then a steep walk down a path to the beach.
- Vail Beach – Vail Beach is another popular surfing beach. It is rocky with rough surf.
West Side Beaches
- Charleston Beach – Charleston Beach is typically not crowded. It is a popular beach with fishermen.
- Dorry’s Cove Beach – Located on the west side of the island, Dorry’s Cove Beach is a rocky beach that is usually calm. It can be reached from Dorry’s Cove Road.