The State of Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection has over 10 State Parks or Forests that offer cross country skiing (they call it ski touring). Trails are not groomed but they are marked with direction arrows and degree of difficulty symbols for easy, more difficult, and most difficult.
Following are the State Parks and Forests with Nordic skiing:
- Chatfield Hollow State Park, Killingworth, CT
- Collis P. Huntington State Park, Bethel, CT
- Flaherty Field Trail Area, East Windsor, CT
- Gay City Park, Hebron, CT
- Haley Farm State Park, Groton, CT
- Hurd State Park, East Hampton, CT
- James L. Goodwin State Forest, Hampton, CT
- Mansfield Hollow State Park, Mansfield, CT
- Mohawk State Forest, Cornwall, CT
- Sleeping Giant State Park, Hamden, CT
- Topsmead State Forest, Litchfield, CT
- Wadsworth Falls State Park, Middlefield, CT
- Whittmore Grove, Peoples State Forest, Barkhamsted CT
For more information see: Ski Touring.