At a Glance
- Trails: 45 and 3 terrain parks
- Easiest: 30%
- More Difficult: 35%
- Most Difficult: 35%
- Lifts: 6
- Vertical Drop: 1,180 feet
- Snowmaking: 100%
- Night Skiing: Yes on 18 trails
- Website: Berkshire East Ski Area
- Hours of operation:
- Monday & Tuesday: 9:00AM to 4:30 PM
- Wednesday: 9:00AM to 4:30 PM, night skiing til 8:00 PM
- Thursday: 9:00AM to 4:30 PM, night skiing til 9:00 PM
- Friday: 9:00AM to 4:30 PM, night skiing til 10:00 PM
- Saturday: 8:30AM to 4:30 PM, night skiing til 10:00 PM
- Sunday: 8:30AM to 4:30 PM
The Berkshire East Ski Area is in Charlemont, MA. Located in northwestern Massachusetts, Berkshire East is a relatively easy drive from many major southern New England cities:
- About two and a half hours from Boston, MA
- About two and a half hours from Providence, RI
- Slightly over two hours from Worcester, MA
- An hour and a half from Hartford, CT
- An hour from Springfield, MA
Berkshire East offers ski rental packages (skis, boots, and poles), and snowboard packages (snowboard and boots), as well as rentals of individual items (skis, snowboards, boots, poles, helmets).
They also offer lessons for skiing and snowboarding including private and group lessons, as well as their popular mighty mites program (4-14 for ski lessons, and 8-14 for snowboard lessons). In addition, Berkshire East has a season-long Alpine Training Program for ages 8 to 19.
For those who need to get in a little ski racing, Berkshire has a full schedule of ski racing events.
For skiing and snowboarding, Berkshire East offers full-day passes every day of the week, and afternoon and evening passes on weekends and holidays.
In addition to skiing and snowboarding, Berkshire East has a tubing park that is open on weekends from 10 AM to 4 PM. Tickets are available for 2-hour increments.
Saturday 03/28/2015 50%
Cloudy with snow showers mainly during the morning. High 28F. Winds NNW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 50%.
Sunday 03/29/2015 0%
Mostly sunny. High 38F. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph.
Monday 03/30/2015 60%
Cloudy with snow showers changing to rain showers as the day progresses. High near 45F. Winds SW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 60%.
In the summer, Berkshire East offers canopy tours on On 4.14 miles of zip lines and chairlifts.
Berkshire East Ski Area
66 Thunder Mtn. Road
Charlemont, MA 01339