At a Glance
- Trails: 45 and 3 terrain parks
- Easiest: 30%
- More Difficult: 35%
- Most Difficult: 35%
- Lifts: 6
- Vertical Drop: 1,180 feet
- Snowmaking: 100%
- Night Skiing: Yes on 18 trails
- Website: Berkshire East Ski Area
- Hours of operation:
- Monday & Tuesday: 9:00AM to 4:30 PM
- Wednesday: 9:00AM to 4:30 PM, night skiing til 8:00 PM
- Thursday: 9:00AM to 4:30 PM, night skiing til 9:00 PM
- Friday: 9:00AM to 4:30 PM, night skiing til 10:00 PM
- Saturday: 8:30AM to 4:30 PM, night skiing til 10:00 PM
- Sunday: 8:30AM to 4:30 PM
The Berkshire East Ski Area is in Charlemont, MA. Located in northwestern Massachusetts, Berkshire East is a relatively easy drive from many major southern New England cities:
- About two and a half hours from Boston, MA
- About two and a half hours from Providence, RI
- Slightly over two hours from Worcester, MA
- An hour and a half from Hartford, CT
- An hour from Springfield, MA
Berkshire East offers ski rental packages (skis, boots, and poles), and snowboard packages (snowboard and boots), as well as rentals of individual items (skis, snowboards, boots, poles, helmets).
They also offer lessons for skiing and snowboarding including private and group lessons, as well as their popular mighty mites program (4-14 for ski lessons, and 8-14 for snowboard lessons). In addition, Berkshire East has a season-long Alpine Training Program for ages 8 to 19.
For those who need to get in a little ski racing, Berkshire has a full schedule of ski racing events.
For skiing and snowboarding, Berkshire East offers full-day passes every day of the week, and afternoon and evening passes on weekends and holidays.
In addition to skiing and snowboarding, Berkshire East has a tubing park that is open on weekends from 10 AM to 4 PM. Tickets are available for 2-hour increments.
- 3:44 AM EST on January 24, 2017
- 4:00 PM EST on January 24, 2017
Tuesday 01/24/2017 100%
Windy with a wintry mix this morning changing to rain late. Temps nearly steady in the mid 30s. Winds NNE at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of precip 100%. Snow and ice accumulations less than one inch. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.
Wednesday 01/25/2017 10%
Intervals of clouds and sunshine. High 38F. Winds WNW at 10 to 20 mph.
Thursday 01/26/2017 60%
Chance of Rain
Overcast with rain showers at times. High 43F. Winds WSW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 60%.
In the summer, Berkshire East offers canopy tours on On 4.14 miles of zip lines and chairlifts.
Berkshire East Ski Area
66 Thunder Mtn. Road
Charlemont, MA 01339